Live-in Nanny / Au Pair - what's the difference?
An Au Pair is NOT a Nanny.
Don't they do the same thing?
No. They have different roles in the home.
Unfortunately Au Pairs are often taken advantage of; we are leading the industry to ensure that this practice ceases and these young people are offered a fabulous cultural opportunity whilst also bring treated as valued employees should be.
We strive to offer a professional solution for Nannies and Clients needing a live-in arrangement.
The below is sourced from the Fair Work Ombudsman.
A Nanny's duties often include:
- The sole care of children
- Planning of educational activities
- Program and plan the children’s weekly activities
- Preparing healthy meals and snacks
- Light household work related to children, such as folding and tidying up.
Nannies often have qualifications in childcare or education.
An au pair’s duties often include:
- Assisting parents with child care (but aren’t sole carers)
- Assisting with general household tasks, not related to children
- Light household duties related to children, such as folding and tidying up.
So... why a Placement Solutions Live-in Nanny?
Our high standards offer you and your Nanny:
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Fully screened, all regulatory checks and insurance
- 15-30 hours work per week
- Provided with 1 room at least (better if they have their own bathroom and ideally separate entry)
- School aged children only needing care
- Paid normal wage (we can handle all of this for you)
- Clients can access rebates if eligible, pending availability
- Engaged as an ongoing employee – not 'casually employed'
- Board and food will be taken out as an extra item on the pay slip – amount determined by Fair Work.